Our Clinic (Est. 1968) has provided GP services to Galway City, Claddagh and Salthill communities for over 50 years
History of The Practice
The practice premises at 42 Father Griffin Road was originally the home of the O’Byrne family. The house and the adjoining shop was built in 1935. In March 1968, Dr. O’Byrne was appointed as dispensary doctor to Galway No. 1 area and commenced practice at the premises. His son in law, Dr. Kieran Whyte, qualified from UCG (now NUI Galway) in 1988 and worked initially in Altnagelvin Hospital in Derry, Northern Ireland. From there he worked in Queensland Australia before returning to Galway and joining Dr. O’Byrne in 1992.